Re: [MiNT] wchar.h trouble with Groff and Gnulib

On 11/19/13 01:11, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Hello.

I have built groff 1.22.2 with the latest MiNTLib.
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/groff/

It works fine, but I had to put a dirty hack in the build script to deal with a compilation problem because of the MiNTLib's wchar.h.

groff uses Gnulib, a compatibility library. For some reason The MiNTLib's wctype.h is considered incomplete, so Gnulib provides its own one.

The complation fails when compiling src/libs/libgroff/font.cpp. Basically, it fails because the MiNTLib's wchar.h includes the following lines:

#if defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE) || defined(_GNU_SOURCE)
#include <wctype.h>
#endif

When compiling groff, the MiNTLib's wchar.h actually includes Glib's wctype.h (while it is supposed to include the MiNTLib's one), and it fails on _GL_INLINE_HEADER_BEGIN because Glib's config.h has not been included at that time.

Do we really need to include wctype.h from wchar.h?
I don't see that in other standard libraries.

That's an oversight. I've removed it. I'll release a 0.60.1 later this week.

Alan.