Re: [MiNT] C++

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 12:43:51 , Matthias Arndt <marndt@asmsoftware.de> wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 19.10.2013, 10:00 +0000 schrieb Peter Slegg:
> > On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:09:22 , Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@fr
> eesbee.fr> wrote:
> > >
> > > Executables seem to be smaller on Linux, because they use shared libraries.
> > >

> > Is there any way we could work towards shared libraries with some
> > sort of "stop-gap solution" ?  Maybe start small by making one item
> > like mintlib loadable.
> >
> > I don't now if this is workable, I'm just chucking an idea out.
>
> How about providing the most used libraries with a trap #x interface?
> This way applications only link comparatively small code like they
> already do for BIOS/XBIOS and GEMDOS calls while the bulk of the actual
> lib code runs in one big lump that is loaded only once into memory?
>
> Matthias

Is it possible under Mint to compile an application without static
linking and/or to compile libs that could be linked dynamically later ?

I was wondering if the resulting binaries could be wrapped in some way
so that when started the libs are loaded and then the application is run
a bit like a self-extracting archive.

Peter