Re: [MiNT] updated: XaAES 1.6.6

J. F. Lemaire, 29.10.2013 08:40:36:

I'm afraid I don't notice much difference. NetSurf is indeed able to
load it's resource file -- though this may have been fixed in NetSurf
itself (http://git.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/commit/?id=77129038ee8aa8ccdf8f4a264fd1189459e69326)
but the couple of tests I do result in exactly the same (compared to
last week's helmut branch):

I tested with some old 2.9-version.

- Troll, configured to launch qed: qed apparently doesn't find $HOME
and is launched with its default built-in settings;

I tried with qed alone: cfg only in $HOME, works when run from u: and from not u:. I don't know what troll does and I could not start qed from troll, don't know how.

- GEMClip, when run from the ACC directory (GEMDOS partition),
launches (via shel_write()) GEMDict, which receives its own directory
as CWD, which is right; but when GEMClip is run from an ext2
partition, GEMDict receives the path of GEMClip as CWD and cannot run
(this can be tested via the "Clips/Look up online" menu item in
GEMClip, even without network, with $DICT set to the GEMDict program).

I haven't changed anything for accessories, they are launched differently.

But the path of the called app is the path of the caller which is probably wrong and may be the cause of the above.

Another thing: what do you mean by this:
- preserve current directory of the caller in shel_write

I don't know how often I'll have to explain this for you:

P1 (in dir x) calls P2 (to be started in dir y). To achieve this P1 first has to cd to dir y, launch P2, then go back to dir x, where it came from.

The problem as I see it is that, in some cases at least, the *called*
application seems to be receiving the CWD of the *caller*, which is
wrong. The CWD of the callee should be set to its *own* directory. We
seem to be stumbling on this for a while now...

That's not the case, but will be fixed. Next issue: What is the *own* dir of the callee? I'll use the dir where it resides by default, except when sh_wdoex says something else I guess (extended mode).

http://toshyp.atari.org/en/008012.html#shel_write

--
Helmut Karlowski