Re: [MiNT] VBR not part of context switch?

On Coldfire microcontrollers, the VBR register is write only. You'd need an error-prone shadow variable to make it part of the context switch.

Would have been a nice feature for virtualization, probably (a term that wasn't common at the time the Coldfire instruction set was designed), but designers obviously decided that system control registers (accessed by movec instruction) are for system control features _only_.