Re: [MiNT] Edge of the screen

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 18:51:11 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Peter Slegg, 06.07.2013 17:07:38:
>
> >> The maximum window-size is often limited by the client. Pretty sure
> >> toswin2 would crash if the terminal-window would be sized too big.
> >
> > I just tried and toswin2 didn't crash. If it had done, it should be
>
> You're right: toswin2.7 changes the columns+rows of the terminal according
> to the window-size, 2.6 (what I use) does not. This seems not to work when
> using Ctrl-Alt-Cursor-Left/Right ..
>
> Also moving with shift does not behave as it should.
>
> > fixed in the app rather than the OS or just avoid doing it like
> > other apps that have issues in Mint.
>
> You can't "fix" all apps. Consider for example keyedit: It only has 1
> valid size (try Ctrl-Alt-Cursor for fun).

It doesn't crash, it just doesn't makes sense to make it too small.
It's user choice and doesn't do any harm.

MyMail doesn't respond the the resize from the keyboard.

> > Maybe some extra window position safeguards are needed to stop them
> > going off
> > the edge ?
>
> When a client decides to go over the edge, why prevent it from doing so?

Should an apps windows go off screen and become inaccessible ?
You could end up with windows open that you are not aware of and
that could cause some confusion or other problems.

It's a bit like allowing an app to access memory that doesn't belong to it.

> Seems you've found some bugs in XaAES.

I know how long it can take to find issues in this sort of window
handling so having found the keyboard features I thought I would play.

I am good at breaking things :-)

Peter