Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18 release coming up.

Alan Hourihane, 04.03.2013 00:24:27:

On 03/03/13 22:47, Vincent Rivière wrote:
On 03/03/2013 23:02, Alan Hourihane wrote:
The main blocker to the release is the appl_init() problem. We need urgent
attention to this as it's really blocking things.

This I believe is the last remaining problem. What's the status folks ?

Basically:

- When running xaloader.prg from mint.cnf, it works.

- When using GEM=ROM and double-clicking xaloader.prg from the desktop, it crashes because appl_init() is called from supervisor mode in xaaes.km. On some old setups (like the official FreeMiNT setup for the FireBee), it worked by chance.

O.k. What about adding a message to xaloader.prg detecting when GEM=ROM and printing a message and dropping back to the desktop ?

Nonsense! It only fails with EmuTOS, but you may go ahead!

--
Helmut Karlowski