From: mint-bounce@lists.fishpool.fi [mailto:mint-bounce@lists.fishpool.fi]
On Behalf Of Vincent Riviere
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 11:01 AM
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Subject: Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18 release coming up.

On 04/03/2013 10:38, Vas József a écrit :
> I prefer #1, because of
> - This function belongs to the XALOADER and not to Mint.

You are right. That's the cleaner solution, but may be difficult. I
don't know how parameters can be passed from xaloader.prg to xaaes.km.

> - When should Mint check, whether a workstation is opened?

You are right, my solution #2 can't work.
When mint.prg starts, the workstation is always closed.

> - A workstation can be opened/closed between when Mint checks it and when
> XaAES is started.

A compromise would be to set the workstation flag in FreeMiNT just
before running the GEM=ROM code. It would assume that if GEM=ROM, then
the workstation will already be opened when xaaes.km is loaded. This is
similar to Alan's first proposition. No the best, but it should work in
all cases.

--
Vincent Rivière