Re: [MiNT] No floppy

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:00:44 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> On Sun, 2013-03-10 at 15:03 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> > Using aranym is not using an Atari though. How would you get
> > an Atari set up without a PC ?
>
> You can't. You need some way of transferring the files to the Atari. If
> you're not using floppies, that means moving the harddisk/CF to another
> computer. Unless you have a FireBee or CT6x, then you can just use an
> USB stick.

That is why I am suggesting it is a problem, I don't think there is
a neta answer.

> > The floppy emulator looks interesting but I assume it only emulates
> > 2 floppies, you couldn't get a Mint installation on there.
>
> I don't understand? No 16/32 bit Atari supports more than to floppies,
> so by your logic it won't be possible to install MiNT on any of them ;)
>
> A hint - there plenty of space for thousands of floppy images on the
> SD-card.

I wasn't sure how this emulator would handle an SD with 10,000 floppy images.
Does it allow you to pick which disc "image" you want to boot from ?

At the moment I am going to build a floppy with HD-driver and extenDOS on
it so I can stand a chance of re-building the HDD and recovering my back-ups
if I had to.

When I can pluck up the nerve I will have another go with the CF card reader.
If I can get the Milan to boot with it installed then I can:

a) get my photos onto the Milan easier
b) create a CF card with a full Mint boot set-up on it

Regards,

Peter