Re: [MiNT] opkg / coldmint

Am Freitag, den 15.02.2013, 00:37 +0100 schrieb Ole <ole@monochrom.net>:

I thought this is an bug... but I found out, that it's
not hanging, but instead the single steps of the
installation process take so long. But especially
extracting the data files into an FILE* is taking much too long.

The files are read from another FILE * - that one is a pipe to gzip process.
It seems that there is some perfomance issue with reading from pipes...

I can't believe that the ungzip is the main problem here, because
extracting data directly (via gzip commandline tool doesn't take that long).

Greets,
Ole