Re: [MiNT] opkg / coldmint

Hi,

On perjantai 15 helmikuu 2013, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> > Can it be built as module and if yes, could such a module be included
> > to the daily FreeMiNT builds?
>
> It's actually an #ifdef, directly in the kernel. You can ask Alan about
> the builds but perhaps you'd be the only user :)

I would expect anybody interested about performance of something
under MiNT to be interested about running it with Hatari, IMHO
its profiler data is that nice.

You get:

* CPU & DSP instruction cycle usage counts, CPU instruction cache misses,
  - both per memory location and per function
* How many times given functions (symbol addresses in memory) get called,
  where they're called from and by how many times
* How long exactly something takes (cycles converted to seconds)
* Function call traces

(For function level information you just need to provide symbol address
information to Hatari.)

All this without changing any line of your code or instrumenting it.

Some of that data is also useful in debugging, not just in performance
investigations.

	- Eero