Re: [MiNT] opkg / coldmint

Hi,

On perjantai 15 helmikuu 2013, Ole wrote:
>  Am Freitag, den 15.02.2013, 12:55 +0100 schrieb Eero Tamminen
>
>  <oak@helsinkinet.fi>:
> > To a real GNU gzip, not one of the opkg processes (with
> > performance-wise
> > inferior deflate algorithm implementation)?
>
>  Yes, that's how I understand it.
>
>  Btw. I would like to use the hatari profiling / debugging tools,

I was hoping that you could run simplest opkg test-cases
under TOS, but as you mentioned piping, that's not really
feasible. :-/

>  but this is probably a bit to complicated for my taste to setup
>  the freemint for hatari....

Well, it should be easier than doing the same for Falcon or TT.
And if you already have MiNT setup for TT or Falcon, you can just
copy that.  Just remember to disable memory protection as Hatari
MMU emulation is not yet complete.

The main issue in using MiNT under Hatari is transferring files,
as Hatari doesn't support MiNT's VFAT NatFeats driver for Aranym,
nor any ethernet networking HW.

For file transfer there are several options available:
1. Recreating the HD image from scratch whenever you want to change your
   test setup.  Hatari contains a shell script for making EmuTOS bootable
   HD image of given directory contents, with a FAT file system
2. Loop-mounting the MiNT HD image when it's not in use by Hatari/MiNT,
   e.g. to copy produced files to host, if you have suitable host tools
   for that
3. Transferring files using floppy images
4. Zmodem transfer over RS-232 interface
5. Scp/netcat etc over SLIP
   (not PLIP as Hatari parallel port support is just for printer output)

	- Eero