Re: [MiNT] Software packaging (was: opkg / coldmint)

Am Sonntag, den 17.02.2013, 23:20 +0100 schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>:

Btw Ole is right, you can't blame opkg, everything what uses forks and
pipes is slow as hell on FreeMiNT (simple ./configure will show you
how ;)).

Well, I know more now and actually you can blame opkg.
It opens the *.ipk file several times for decompression + reading. (because you
can't seek on pipes...).

I thought I could fix this somehow, but by design, opkg opens the compressed
file several times... :/ so even when I would make decompression
faster, it isn't going to an big improvement,... I think I'm getting into contact
to the opkg maintainers about this...

Greets,
Ole