Re: [MiNT] Changed behaviour in window menu selections

On Saturday 05 January 2013 14:55:24 Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Jean-François Lemaire, 04.01.2013 23:45:13:
> > In XaAES 0.999, as released with FreeMiNT 1.17, the behaviour is as I
> > described before: click and hold opens the menu directly and allows to
> > navigate within it. Ah!, good times... :-)
>
> So you lived with the current version 2 years, can't be that bad :)

It wasn't until I started working again on my clipboard manager, which uses
the window menubar :-)

Anyway, thank you, Helmut, for today's CVS commit. I really appreciate this.
And since I'm not afraid of being a nuisance, I'm attaching a snapshot that
displays two cosmetic glitches that hurt my eyes, one of them related to the
window menubar. I've placed an object tree in RSM and then placed the app that
uses it. Two thinks strike me:

- the menubar seems to be 1 pixel too wide at each end. Particularly the left
end, where it doesn't seem to be closed at all. This makes it look like the
menubar was stuck above the rest of the tree.

- the other thing is the way the root box seems shifted a couple of pixels to
the right; the difference compared with the same box in RSM is striking.
Inspecting the boxes with WinLupe I noticed that XaAES adds 1 pixel on the
left side, but /retracts/ 1 pixel on the right side. As a result, the box has
the correct size in XaAES, only shifted 1 pixel to the right.

Anyway, these are very minor issues, I know. And I have no idea if they are
easy to correct.

Cheers,
JFL
--