Re: [MiNT] Bug 194: open("/") fails

On 03/01/2013 10:31, Alan Hourihane wrote:
No, this is not different from other systems, and rooted symlink
behaviour is the same. The only additional problem with FreeMiNT is we
can't re-create the deleted symlink because our U:/ drive can't make
directories. That's just a filesystem diffieciency.

Indeed, the implementation works as expected. But, because of symlinks, unpacking at root behaves differently between FreeMiNT and Linux. This is confusing.

Indeed. You don't need the -h option if you are unpacking to a
filesystem such as ext2 directly.

You are very right.
Instead of doing "tar -C /", I can do "tar -C /d", and it works exactly as expected, without the -h option. This is definitely the right thing to do.

Thanks for having clarified all those points.

--
Vincent Rivière