Re: [MiNT] tw-call.app bug when toswin2.app is missing

On Wednesday 09 January 2013 22:17:23 Vincent Rivière wrote:

> It seems that there is a bug in tw-call.app when toswin2.app is not found.
> Look there, at the end of the find_tw() function:
> http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/tools/toswin2/tw-cal
> l/tw-call.c?rev=1.7&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> The code calls shel_write(1, 1, 1, ...) to run toswin2.app, then it assumes
> that the return value is the app_id. However, it seems that when toswin2.app
> is missing, the returned value is also non-null. Then things goes wrong.
>
> Also, is that evnt_timer(500L) really useful?
>
> Could some AES guru look at that code, please?

I'm not an AES guru, but from what I understand of shel_write(), the fact that
the process couldn't be launched is not considered an error. So I would call
appl_find() -- maybe after a small delay, as even_timer() does here, just to
be sure -- to make sure the process is running before returning.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire