Re: [MiNT] XaAES and problem with (older) GEM games

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PS. Maybe somebody could add here a readme that explains the differences
> between the three different MiNT snapshots (freemint, helmut & trunk):
>         http://www.freemint.org/builds/freemint
> ?

that is the correct place to get current builds. The one on the
sparemint server was placed there before most of Helmuts work on XaAES
was done. There should have been a point release for 1.17, but there
are so many changes in 1.18 that the xaaes.cnf is no longer 100%
compatible in either direction

the daily builds are:
helmut = Helmuts current working branch of v1.18
freemint = Alans current working branch of v1.18
trunk = current "release" branch with verified patches, fixed, and
updates of _some_ code (not all) from Helmut and Alans branches, and
(mostly) all patches/fixes supplied by iothers (ie Vincent, new USB
stuff, etc)

By the looks of patch submittions I think it is a good time for 1.18
point release. If that can happen the a new AFROS will be made
available within 24hrs..

Paul