Re: [MiNT] Conholio & VT52?

Hi,

On perjantai 07 syyskuu 2012, Peter Persson wrote:
> 2012/9/7 Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi>:
> > A bit annoyingly, its VT52 emulation really doesn't
> > work, e.g. output of (older versions of) "larn" and "hack"
> > is completely messed.

Same issue with Omega and text versions of Quixx, Minesweeper and Tetris.
And Mutt 3 text editor.

> Not surprised. I never tested it at all :) I had no use for it myself.

Would you like to have the binaries for any of the above mentioned
programs?

Another issue I noticed in Bash coming with Aranym AFROS is that
using TAB (when Bash doesn't have completion) and then backspacing
works wrong.  But I guess that's an AFROS Bash issue, not Conholio
one?

> > A terminal emulator for the W window system which I
> > maintained, has (extended) VT52 emulation, with mouse
> > and color support.  Would its code help?
>
> It's probably really easy to fix, the terminal emulator parser is just
> a bunch of tables, and VT52 isn't exactly rocket science. VT100 is a
> mess to implement, because in practice, no one has implemented it
> correctly.

I don't think vt52 is is fully vt100/Linux console compatible.

How one would tell Conholio that it should work in VT52 mode?
Is just setting the terminal variable in config file enough or
is that just about the exported TERM value?

Btw. Could this in the Conholio config file:
---
# I've forgotten what this setting is about.
#
always_login    = TRUE;
---

Be about giving "-l" shell to get a login shell instead
of plain shell?

> > It's here:
> > http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/src/wws_1.4.5.tar.gz
>
> Thx.
>
> I'm hoping to resume working on Conholio again, as soon as the
> SuperVidel is released. I have lots of nice ideas (and some new code)
> for it.

	- Eero

PS. For Linux terminal which supports colors & scrolling, there's even
pretty good text-only Pacman in case you feel really ambitious about
console emulation:
	http://myman.sourceforge.net/
;-)