Re: [MiNT] AHCC V4.11

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 18:44 +0200, OL wrote:
>
> > In fact for multitask :
> >
> > _AESnumapps = -1
> > as I know accessory receive other values than 1 on singletos.
>
> Some versions of MagiC puts some high value in there instead of -1.
>
> But why are you suggesting to test for an AES feature when what is
> needed is a test for filesystem features? Testing for AES multitasking
> will break if the user is using MiNT with ROM AES or plain TOS with
> Geneva.
>
> I'd say that the correct thing here is to use a lowercase mask if
> running under MiNT or MagiC and the filesystem in question is case
> sensitive or case preserving (Dpathconf(drive, DP_CASE)). In all other
> cases use uppercase masks.

You contradict yourself:

.
> I'd say that the correct thing here is to use a lowercase mask if
> running under MiNT or MagiC and the filesystem in question is case

It's not about the filesystem but the fileselector, so testing for alternative AES is the right thing.
Even better would be to test for fileselctor-capabilities, but that does
not exist as far as I know.

If the user uses ROM-AES+MiNT the builtin fileslector will break anyway
on a case-preserving FS.

-Helmut