Re: [MiNT] CF .PRG recognition

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 13:46 +0200, Vincent Rivière wrote:
>
>> > Not necessarily. The ColdFire libraries are built like this, but the
>> > program might not. AHCC can produce both ColdFire-specific and
>> > 020-ColdFire code.
>>
>> My description applies when AHCC is asked to produce ColdFire binaries.
>> The machine where AHCC itself runs does not matter (if I'm not wrong).
>
> AHCC can produce two sorts of Coldfire binaries:
>
> 1. Binaries that only runs on the Coldfire.
> 2. Binaries that runs on 68020 and upwards AND on the Coldfire.
>
> Jo Even

so setting something in the header that says "Coldfire" and "Hybrid"
would essentially save Henk a bit of work (at least) and if
implemented TOS/MiNT would at least know a pure 68000 binary (having
been newly compiled)?

whats the current state of ST "file" type utils, I know there is one,
cant remember where I have seen it or what it was called

Paul