Re: [MiNT] Fwd: Re: marathon,was:Egale

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:27:58 +0100, m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

appl_init is getting called twice - and also the app id is stored
twice. One time int the SLB, one time in the
caller App.

... and I think it's ok. The App does some GEM stuff and the SLB does some GEM stuff. It's okay ( from "user" (which is a programmer in this case) point of view ) - as long as these 2 things don't get mixed within the App. For example, dialogs handled within DRACDLG.SLB shouldn't be changed from within the App....

I think you're wrong. The SLB should not have it's own apid, simply because all functions except slb_init is called in the context of the caller. From the OS point of view the SLB-dialogs are handled by the calling application, not the SLB.

You can only have one apid per process. If the SLB was a separate thread then it would make sense (actually, it would be mandatory) for the SLB to have it's own apid. But SLB functions are not separate threads.

Jo Even