Re: [MiNT] Fwd: Re: marathon,was:Egale

Am 14.02.2012, 23:19 Uhr, schrieb m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net>:

  > Do you mean the freeze after start? This is because it loads an SLB
 that
  > calls appl_init.

 I'm compiling Marathon Mail for my Firebee with AHCC. There is only one
way to start it under freemint: have dracdlg.slb within the MiNT folder.
 All other options fail with system freeze. I removed the customer SLB

I have it in /var/slb, as all other SLBs and never had a problem because of that.

 loader from the sources - so it always uses the one provided by the OS.
 Maybe that has an impact - but I doubt that - the custom loader code

Why does the SLB do an appl_init ???

When the appl_init arrives in XaAES, MiNT seems still busy initializing the slb-proc, else it would be easier to detect an SLB (p_flags is 0, basepage not initialized).

 shouldn't be called anyway. (But who knows...). Pepster can report the
 same issues for his own software. He confirmed that you have to put SLB
 into MiNT folder - other wise system crash.

Not here.

  > With a quite dirty hack it runs, but still makes the the system
 unstable
  > and is killed with memory-violation very soon.

 unfortunally there is no memory protection with FreeMiNT for coldfire
 :/. But running Marathon Mail is almost stable. It's only get's risky
 when running Draconis FTP, Draconis Telnet, Draconis Mail, .... quit
 some of them, restart some of them, etc. I blamed the SLB loading /

Yes - restart of marathon is dangerous.

 unloading for that. But that was just a guess. And problems on coldfire
can not be used as hint for bugs on m68k - because AHCC is still a beta.

In recent MiNT-versions I don't have slb-issues with other apps (most famous rsm).

 Maybe it's worth to try how Draconis suite behaves when statically
 linked with dracdlg.c ...

Maybe it's worth fixing the code ;-)

--
Helmut Karlowski