Re: [MiNT] _AKP cookie

Am 29.01.2012, 20:37 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

Roger is right. The _AKP cookie indicates the presence of the "advanced
keyboard processor". On the TT it doesn't differ between TOS language
and keyboard language, there is only one setting.

So I think your original fix was partially correct. But instead of using
keyboard language as XaAES language when the language-byte in _AKP is
zero, you should do this only when running on a TT *and* this byte is
zero.

I have now done the following in MiNT:

- if _AKP is set by TOS use its language-field for the new _AKP-cookie set by MiNT - else if NVRAM is available use the language from NVRAM and set the language-field in _AKP - else use the language of TOS (from OS_HEADER.os_conf) and set the language-field in _AKP

I successfully tested the first two on aranym (EmuTOS sets _AKP completely) and TT.

So if no one has objections I'll commit that.

--
Helmut Karlowski