Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

Am 04.01.2012 09:39, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:18:20 +0100, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

There is a lp.xdd with a cache available. I used this and set NVDI to
print to u:\dev\lp. Instant background printing, also with NVDI < 5 :)

Jo Even

So have you set that via the cpx or in the nvdi.ini in some way ?

"Print to file" in the printer configuration CPX. I think. I haven't had a printer since 1998 or so ;)

Jo Even

Hi,

in Mint 98 there is an lpd and a spool program. Together with print to file in NVDI 5 this allows background printing and printing over the network.

I've set this up on my Milan to print on an old HP880 which is connected to a router with lpd queue. It was a while ago so I don't remember the details, but I took some notices. May be I could do this configuration on my Falcon again and write a meaningful documentation.

Heinz