Re: [MiNT] Network tools

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 22:54 +0100, m0n0 wrote:

> > That's not because of ifconfig, but because of the lack of drivers.
>
>  I believe ifconfig needs to know about wireless, at least the linux
>  tools need that afaik.
>  ( for configuration of that device, like encryption, of course that is
>  only needed if these
>    things are not handled within the driver, but done by common code ) .

Atleast with the current architecture this would have to be handled
within the driver.

The driver can be configured with ifconfig or some other tool. ifconfig
is a natural choice IMO, but there is no point in doing anything about
it until there is a driver that supports these features.

>  the tools could need an update to handle IPv6 addresses ;)

Which is quite pointless since MiNTnet doesn't ;)

But I fully agree that drivers for wifi-cards would be very useful. I
currently have a small ethernet->wifi bridge in my Firebee cabinet. It
works wonderfully but has to be configured from a Windows box.

Jo Even