Re: [MiNT] Xaaes Snap

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:13:34 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 16.12.2011, 12:18 Uhr, schrieb <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:
>
> > Often, having snapped, it is useful to open the file and save it as a
> > jpeg.
> > Would it be
> > possible to add a checkbox to the xaaes snap dialogue that when checked
> > will
> > open
> > the default image viewer ?
>
> Do you use the program xaaesnap that produces tiff-output?

Yes, hence the subject title ;-)

> > So for instance I could tick the box and have zView open the saved
> > screenshot
> > automatically.
>
> XaAES does not know where the snapper stores the file, it would need
> feedback from it somehow.

Surely Xaaes snap knows where it is creating the screenshot file ?
Isn't it created in the ramdisc in all cases ?

Could xaaesnap not then launch another app and pass the file location ?

> > Other thoughts include saving to the clipboard instead of ramdisc and
> > then add an option to zView to open the clipboard image.
>
> You can patch xaaesnap to use another directory (e.g. replace ram by tmp).

The clipboard folder is defined in the config or defaults to the
<boot drive>\clipbrd IIRC

> I suggest to use sort by date and select the topmost file in the
> fileselector.

I was trying to make it more slick by avoiding the need to manually
start the app, open the fileselector and get the file.

It could all be done by xaaesnap so that you just snap the screen
and the screen shot is then opened and can be edited, saved in
different formats etc.

I have been using Greenshot at work and it is rather good, this is
what gave me the idea of integrating xaaesnap better.

Regards,

Peter