Re: [MiNT] Fugly gradient (Was: Re: hairlines)

On Nov 6, 2011 3:15 PM, "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

> Am 06.11.2011, 14:07 Uhr, schrieb Kåre Andersen <kareandersen@gmail.com>:
>

>>> Lars likes it, I like it, which makes already 30% of all XaAES-users, so
>>
>> I'd say: yes.
>>>

>>> But I agree it looks poor if mixed with grey from a user-app like the one
>>
>> from the zview-screenshot. But it is not the gradient but the grey that
>> sucks ;)
>>
>> No really, the gradient looks completely awful. Sorry, but try asking
>

> Don't you think this is a matter of taste?

Of course it is. Or quite possibly colour blindness (i do not mean that as an insult, red/green colour blindness is not uncommon or anything to be ashamed of). What I'm saying is it would be useful for the quality of XaAES to get some real graphics minded people involved. I'm not saying I am such a person.

>> people who actually do design for a living, and not code. Or even take a
>

> Ok. Send me your solutions.

How? There's no end user software (that I'm aware of) to create any. Poking around in c files is not an option. And again, I'm not a graphics guy either. But I do care how stuff looks.

>> look at other operating systems - it can't hurt to take some inspiration.
>

> Actually it is inspired from here:
>
> http://dhs.nu/bbs-ct60/index.php

That's cool :-) But dhs.nu is a website, not an AES...

So for now my solution is to use MyAes. It simply looks great - and the way it handles winframes kicks ass. Maybe that could be a useful source of inspiration for XaAES?

-Kåre