Re: [MiNT] Shutdown

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:38:27 , "Jean-François Lemaire" <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 05 Nov 2011 23:18:32 Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 23:03 +0100, Jean-François Lemaire wrote:
> > > I agree with Peter. It doesn't look great as it is. And do we really ne
> ed
> > > to read those messages? I personnally would prefer no messages at all.
> >
> > Maybe TosWin2 should be killed last. Then the shutdown-messages will be
> > shown in the console window.
>
> And what if the user does not run Toswin2? My Linux boxes do not display su
> ch
> messages when they are shutting down.
>
> Cheers,
> JFL

I think that depends on the settings in the Linux box.

IIRC Ubuntu can be set to show the boot/shutdown messages or hide them
away on one of the virtual consoles.

With Mint, having the messages helps to see that it shut down properly but
showing them all over the desktop looks like it failed to shut the apps.

A simple clear of the screen and then a list of all the shutdown stuff
would look better.

Regards,

Peter