Re: [MiNT] Invalid S?_MAGIC

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 15.10.2011, 14:25 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:
>
>> Maybe the solution is to implement the AV-server in XaAES itself.
>
> Accidentally I had this idea too, and taskbar could run without desktop.
>
> How much work would it need?
>
> --
> Helmut Karlowski

There is no need to go down the whole "implimenting missing stuff in
XaAES required by AV-server"

There is source out there for command line (read: TOS) AV-server

there are a few things that should be allowed to be implimented as KM,
AV-server is one of them.. If KM can not cope with this, it is a good
time to flesh it out so that it can cope.. there are other reasons for
doing things this way too (eg vdi KM)..

theoretically: if AV-server is KM then there should not be a problem
with "bad apps", because its in kernel space, it should be readable
even if not malloc'd so

Desktop replacements can still work correctly when self app is not
registered AV-server, so they dont need to be changed (atm)

I believe console fundos will appreciate the benifits of AV-server as
KM the most, the rest of us will just be happy with the results..

Paul