Re: [MiNT] Identify current process in exception handler?

True
2 okt 2011 kl. 17:49 skrev Ole Loots:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for top posting.
> What about comparing exception location (one can get that from exception handler, right?) with the base page area of your process? If it falls into the region of your process basepage, it's yer process, isn't it? Don't know any other way - which means nothing :)

True, that could be one way of doing it. As long as I don't build more code in allocated memory that could work, I guess. It also means I can rule out exceptions invoked by OS components (VDI, kernel, BIOS etc).

It's the best one so far. It seems I can get the PID of the running process, but my impression is that this won't help my case since I can't determine if the call was actually made by the process itself or by some subsystem.

-- PeP