Re: [MiNT] Background

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:14:51 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

>> copying desk.img to the texture-folder.
>
> You can do that already.

And where is that documented? ;)

In my head ;)

But I'm sure it's easy to see for anybody (by pressing the shortcuts).

E.g. to disable the image press C-A-S-N, Return.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

>> Besides, how is the state of the background image (and the image itself)
>> saved?
>
> It's a screen-capture.

Which is saved where and in what format? How do you disable it? By

VDI-screen-format.

So what about "copying desk.img to the texture-folder"? *Where* is the desktop image saved? Can it be created by any other program than XaAES itself?

deleting the file? How about different colour-depths? How's that handled?

See above.

I'm afraid I don't understand. What happens with the desktop image if you switch from e.g. 8 bit to 32 bit colour? Or to a different screensize? And then switch back?

Jo Even