Re: [MiNT] NEWFATFS Bug

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:57:31 +0200, Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> wrote:

Mathias Wittau wrote:
Vincent already confirmed it, and can tell more about it.

That bug is very strange, I reproduced it only with FireTOS+mintv4e.prg.
I didn't experience corruption, but inability to copy a folder with several levels of folders finally containing a single file. I used Thing to get a meaningful message, but it also fails silently with TeraDesk.

Strangely, I have no trouble with the "cp -R" tool.

Also, I didn't manage to reproduce that bug with ARAnyM.

Not on my Milan either.

Assuming that FireTOS' XHDI now looks reliable, that looks like a NEWFATFS bug. Maybe it appears only in mintv4e.prg.
We should add traces somewhere to understand what happens.

Mathias says that the bug behaves differently on USB-sticks. Mathias - try formatting that USB-stick with the exact same parameters as your CF-card. There should be no difference in behaviour between those two disks now. Please verify that.

I have also experienced problems when I try to copy everything from drive C using Thing on my Firebee. I have not looked into it, but it might be the same problem.

Jo Even