Re: [MiNT] XaAES: background,was:Chaos in gradients

Am 02.09.2011, 22:35 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

On 09/02/2011 03:11 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
AES->desktop: redraw root-window
desktop: v_bar(root-window-size)..., ->AES:d_icon...

I can catch the d_icon but not the v_bar. I can hide the complete desktop-background or the desktop hides mine.

Only way would be to draw the icons from the hidden desktop-window above mine, but that is a kludge.

If the desktop would only draw icons which would be above the root-window from XaAES (or some other app) it would be easy.
The icons would normally be a part of the desktop object tree. So what you have to do is to draw your own object instead of the desktop root object. That would normally be object 0 in the object tree, but to be sure you can check that it's the same size as the screen. Then continue

XaAES sets the size itself:

*(RECT *)&ob->ob_x = root_window->wa;

and draw the rest of the tree.

I guess it's much easier. Now as I can catch the root-window-redraws I am also able to copy some own stuff. In a first experimental version a previously saved screenbuffer can be vro_copied (see screen-shot).

This buffer is read from a file that has to be created by XaAES before. Now I'm looking for a program that displays an image without window-widgets.

Of course some gradients could be used too.

--
Helmut Karlowski