Re: [MiNT] A couple of issues with the file selector in trunk

J. F. Lemaire wrote:

> > @ Jean-Fran=E7ois: In your xaaes.cnf, gradients is set to 1 and in xa_b=
> oot.log i see that
> > themes from /xaaes/img/ are loaded, too. IIRC, if you use gradients, yo=
> u have to rename folder
> > /xaaes/img to imx, so that images are not loaded.
>
> That gradients =3D 1 variable in xaaes.cnf has been there for years. I
> *don't* use the new gradients features (not yet at least). For now, I
> simply want the default gradients as provided by XaAES since circa
> 2005. I have no idea why the AES loads a bunch of files behind my back
> while my config file does not ask for it. Anyway, I'll follow your

This is an error to be investigated.

> advice and see what happens.
>
> Since I already more or less promised my left kidney to Jo Even, I'll
> donate the right one to whoever properly documents this system. It's
> becoming a nightmare to understand what one has to do with what...

You may mix gradients+textures freely, it's no problem.

There is even an extra gradient to be used along with textures (menubar).

Set textures=0 to not load them.
Set gradients=0 to not load them.

It should all be explained in the example-cnf.

You may keep your parts though ..

-Helmut