Re: [MiNT] Block devices

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/24/11 21:35, Paul Wratt wrote:
>>
>> there is no /dev/fd0 or /dev/fd1 with or without the floppyraw.xdd
>>

> I don't  think you've installed it correctly then.

this is possible

>> There is a /dev/fd (folder) similar to linux, but it lists about 37
>> devices instead of the normal limit of 4
>>

> /dev/fd is to do with file descriptors, not floppy devices.

thanks for that, I wondered why I could not cat anything out of them

>> /kern/dma
>> /kern/devices
>>
>> check them on ur *nix setup (/proc) both are directly related to the
>> use of block devices..
>>
> They don't do anything. They are just for informational purposes and
> don't relate to block devices specifically.
>
> Alan.

yeah I know that, so that should not bee that hard to finish, just
collecting and presenting info..

With the "fd" explanation, that completes the U:/kern entry in the
wiki (please verify):
http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/U:%5Ckern

Paul