Re: [MiNT] Block devices

Am Mittwoch, den 24.08.2011, 13:27 +0200 schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
Hello.

Does FreeMiNT has block devices, something like /dev/fd0, /dev/sda
and /dev/sda1 in Linux ?

I think so, maybe these link can help you?

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/doc/programmer/block_IO.txt?rev=1.1.2.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/doc/block_IO.txt

However,

I know that there is /dev/fd0, - and I believe it is what you call a block device.

But I think it's an completly different story with hard-disks, as you know, the driver for harddisk is loaded before FreeMiNT kernel. And filesystem drivers directly create devices like U:/f - for example, and I'm not sure if they can be called block devices, because the data transfer ( of blocks) is done by lower layers.

Greets,