Re: [MiNT] on Mega ST

Hi Jo Even,

> I did not mean to *not* compile these modules for 68000, but to not
> compile them only for 68000 just to make it possible to use them on ST's.

Sorry, i understood this wrong. Because for the ex2 driver there was a
alternative with minx i thought you would not provde a 68000 version.

> > XaAES with Teradesk, there was only 1,2 MB left. So i think, if
> > someone really uses a 68000 based Atari, he would work with TOS and
> > not with a full MiNT environment. But some years ago i had set up
>
> There are some ST/STE's with 14Mb out there, but I think that MagiC or
> Geneva are better options for multitasking on Atari ST's.

Because of speed?

> If you are going to use emulators why not just use ARAnyM for running MiNT
> and Steem (or similar) when playing ST-games?

Please do not make to much assumptions ;-) I never said, that i have
set up the emulator for gaming.

I did not used ARAnyM because there was no ARAnyM at this time. And
i used the emulated Atari (it was tosbox) at work to compile for a
68302 Microcontroller. To use the existing Turbo C was the fastest
(and cheapest) way to start developing. And it works very well.

Best regards
Michael