Re: [MiNT] Problem with Calamus

On Sunday 21 Aug 2011 21:55:10 Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 18:09 +0200, Piotrek wrote:
> > I have just install mint 1.16.3. from easymint 1.72 distribution with
> >
> >  xaees and Jinnee as a desktop. I have problem to Calamus from MiNT
> >  partition (on the screen it is "Error starting calams.prg (Not enough
> >  memory)
> >  I have try to run from other TOS partition everything it OK
> >  I have Hades with 060
> >
> >  Any sugestions ?
>
> Maybe PROC_MAXMEM is set in mint.cnf?

I don't think that's it. Jinnee issues the same warning (with an interrogation
mark) each time a program cannot be executed, whatever the reason. I'd rather
look for an executable bit not set on the Calamus binary, or a problem with
case sensitivity: Calamus may be looking for an uppercase resource file or
some such.

It's also quite possible that Calamus cannot be run from an ext2 partition at
all. I've seen applications behave like that.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire