Re: [MiNT] kernel modules

On 04.04.2011 23:40, Vincent Rivière wrote:

I will not tolerate any "emulated instruction" on my FireBee. So I will build ColdFire kernel modules. At least for myself. Furthermore, it would be a total nonsense to use open-source software with emulated binaries.

Yes, but it can be quite a sophisticated task when it comes down to hardware access... running the ext2 kernel module as m68k binary is maybe ok, but, for example doing I/O to an network card is probably not going to be successful when using the m68k drivers for network card foobar.

Greets,