Re: [MiNT] RSL and localisation

Hello,

Dne 3.4.2011 11:02, Helmut Karlowski napsal(a):
Am 03.04.2011, 10:39 Uhr, schrieb Bohdan Milar <bohdan@milar.name>:

Hi all,

I have some doubts about usefulness of current form of the RSL for localisation.
I mean not the idea as a whole but insufficient functionality.
I miss definition of shortcuts in dialog strings.

You are right. Therefore all predefined shortcuts from the rsc-file are ignored when it's translated - XaAES generates its own
in this case.

Under these circumstances I have to apologize that I suspected you were not thinking about these problems when developing the RSL features. My mistake was caused by lack of information about the RSL.

2. Some non-letter character could be use as a shortcut, e.g. space " ", comma, bracket, ...

non-letters are intentionally included (except at the start of a string) to increase the number of possible shortcuts.

OK.

This may not be a functional problem, but will look strange.
In some cases a character not defined on a (national) keyboard could be use.

Once you encounter this case, inform me!

I would like, but I still have not functional installation of xaaes with RSL features :-(

And that is why I hesitate while thinking about tranlating larger projects (qed, teradesk, ...) using rsl.
I think that implementing the shortcut features to RSL will not be difficult.
May be one decimal number somewhere near the string can solve this.

I think it's much easier to let XaAES define the shortcuts, but if it is really necessary this could be done.

OK, I agree.
Once again I am motivated to continue in localisation :-)

Best regards,

Bohdan