Re: [MiNT] trunk 1-18-cur

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:14:33 , Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wr
> ote:
> >>

> > This would just make it nice and easy to fix the set-up and
> > reboot properly.
> >
> I think that would need to be done in mint, not xaaes

Why would you need the kernel to start an app like a shell ?

I am guessing but... Xaloader starts after the kernel is loaded
so I imagine that if it can't find the km (or fails to start for
other reasons) it could start a shell.

Having a shell rather than having to reboot again and try to fix
stuff would be more elegeant.

Peter