Re: [MiNT] XaAES, some very simple dual-screen support?

10 mar 2011 kl. 15.14 skrev Alan Hourihane:
> I think the VDI is the right place to describe the physical screen
> dimensions.

The (N/f/o/*)VDI, normally only knows about a single rectangular screen. Anything else would mess things up, because no current application knows about it. A possible exception could be to use an offscreen bitmap on the secondary screen (should be possible), but to be honest - while it's a cool thing to do - it means the AES will have to be dual-screen-aware for real. Also, NVDI can only provide acceleration on the primary screen on such a solution..

> How we interpret and use that information is open for debate, but I
> think you've been at the forefront of this support, so I'd be happy with
> whatever you come up with for this.

A cookie, or some XBIOS calls, can be added quite easily - but I guess the best place for this would be the VDI. However, our solution is based on the VDI & NVDI, and adding new VDI calls would be extremely difficult for us. I guess it could be done on fVDI, but in my opinion it isn't mature enough and lacks too many features compared to NVDI. Maybe we'll release an fVDI driver later, but it's not on the agenda right now...

-- PeP