Re: [MiNT] GRAFX2 2.2 atari port [beta]

Hi,

On sunnuntai 06 helmikuu 2011, m0n0 wrote:
> Am So, 6.02.2011, 16:27 schrieb PaweÅ? Góralski:
> > W dniu 2011-02-06 16:15, Peter Slegg pisze:
> >> I have just installed it on the Malin with ATI and ran the ttp and it
> >> started fine. The mouse is far too slow to make it workable, a bit
> >> like ScummVM (also SDL).
> >
> > It worked in fullscreen or in window? What SDL environment settings you
> > have SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER etc?
>
> If there is any code to draw the mouse cursor manually, that part of code
> could be removed to speed up the mouse. Otherwise each mouse event
> invokes a lot of code, especially the (und)drawing routines for such a
> mouse cursor will take its time.

Laggy mouse is often because program doesn't "compress" successive move
events to a single one before drawing something.  In a drawing program this
may not be always desirable though because trying to draw a feehand circle,
you can get something more like a square if the program is slow enough.

But for drawing the mouse cursor itself (instead of changing the draw area
contents), there's not much point in drawing the intermediate steps when
the real mouse co-ordinates are already far away.

> But if you disable that part of code, you must also find the part where
> SDL disables the native OS cursor ( I guess it is an SDL_Init() flag ).
>
> The rest of the code should still work, because reporting of mouse cursor
> / SDL mouse events where not touched ...

	- Eero