Re: [MiNT] gprof

Hi,

On torstai 03 helmikuu 2011, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> 3) There is a bug since gprof 2.20: the number of calls is not extracted
> at all from the gmon.out file (while this information is present). As a
> result a lot of functions are misssing, as well as the call tree, the
> result is a lot less useful.
> Using an old gprof 2.19.1 on the same gmon.out works perfectly.
> So:
> - either some bug has been introduced in binutils 2.20 (probable)
> - either the old gmon.out format used by the MiNTLib is now deprecated
> (maybe)

What about the "gcov" and the GCC "-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"
compilation options needed for it?  Do those work better?

	- Eero

PS. When using gcov to profile code, I think it's most useful just for
giving function call counts because the other information can be
a bit misleading for optimized code.

For coverage testing one would need to compile code without optimizations
to get accurate per-code-line call counts.