Re: [MiNT] Packages needing rebuild for SpareMiNT???

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 20:05:26 , Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> wrote:
> Peter Slegg wrote:
> > I am not familiar with stack but I have seen it mentioned on this list.
> > Is it something that is added to the makefile ?
>
> No, you can change the stack of any executable built with GCC and the
> MiNTLib using the "stack" tool afterwards.
>
> To know the stack size of an executable:
> stack someprog.prg
>
> To change the stack size:
> stack -S 256k someprog.prg
>
> Alternatively, when you build some executable, you can set the stack
> directly by adding the following to your LDFLAGS:
> -Wl,--stack,256k

Thanks for that. I just did a build with LDFLAGS = --stack,512000
but then I noticed

$(TARGET): $(OBJS)
    $(LD) -o $@ $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(LIBS)
    stack --fix=128k $@
    flags -g -v $@

Did this override the 512000 ?  I am now trying it again with --fix=512k

Regards,

Peter