Re: [MiNT] zDesk desktop sources available

2011/1/9 Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire@skynet.be>:
> Hello,
>
> Following an ongoing conversation on the CT60 board over at dhs.nu, Zorro,
> well-know Atari coder (zTask, zWeather and zView) has graciously accepted to
> release the source code of his latest project (which is GPL already anyway),
> on which he does not intend to work anymore. See the 2 videos below for a
> preview of the desktop in question:

I would like to thank Zorro to release the sources as GPL, I find this
a very nice gesture with the people who still enjoy this platform.
I wish that the rest of Atari developers give the sources too when
they don't work any more in their projects because they get tired or
for any other reason.

But independently of the release of the sources I would like to solve
the problems Zorro found in MiNT and didn't allow him to continue with
his work in zDesk. May be not the main but one of the reason he lost
the motivation. So just in case he gets the motivation again he can
find that he has support from the MiNT side. It's a shame that with
all the movement there is here lately  (not only talking but also in
the CVS repository) we can't help

He found problems with the call Fxattr  (file dates), and also with
XaAES toolbars, It can be that the toolbar problems has been already
solved with the last work of Helmut and PeP. I'm going to look at the
Fxattr this week and see if I can find something.