Re: [MiNT] XaAES multi-language help needed

Hi,

On sunnuntai 16 tammikuu 2011, Christos Tziotzis wrote:
>  I haven't found a font editor that would read one type of  bitmap font
> and convert it to the atari fnt type. Fontkit+ could be used to convert
> a preexisting atari font (such as the ones I have but use the cp737
> msdos encoding) if you are willing to spend the quite a few hours
> required for this and for the 4 font sizes but they are probably
> copyrighted and thus non distributable through MiNT. What I am looking
> at is converting some free fonts in bitmap format (bdf, psf, pcf) to the
> atari fnt one. Unfortunately I am too bad a coder to do this. I don't
> give up though :).

Here are some sources for converting BDF fonts and other related activities:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/fondu
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/trscripts
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/pcf2bdf
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/bdfresize
http://bdf2c.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=bdf2c/bdf2c;a=blob_plain;f=bdf2c.c;hb=HEAD
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/recode

Nothing to convert them to Atari format, but reading the non-Atari format
itself is already half of the work, right? :-)

I have also source code based on bdf2c for converting BDF fonts to W window
system binary bitmap fonts which is featurewise somewhat similar to Atari
bitmap fonts, but simpler although it supports proportional bitmap fonts.

You might be able to convert it with moderate effort to convert to save
Atari bitmap font format if nobody has to offer anything better/closer to
what you need.

It's the fonts/bdf2wfnt.c source file in this package:
	http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/src/wws_1.4.5.tar.gz

	- Eero