Re: [MiNT] Easymint filesystem checks

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

# On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 19:10 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:
#
# > I do find it a bit bizarre that Easymint loads fstab and then checks
# > that drive is ok.
#
# You are completely right.
#
# > How does Linux handle this ? Would it make sense to generate fstab during
# > boot ?
#
# I don't know how Linux handles this, but IMO the correct way to do this
# under MiNT is to write a small program that checks the partition type on
# all partitions and then run the correct fsck on each of them.

	USually fstab is manually (or tool under user control) edited,
since it may include network drives, usb drives, or mountpoints from
userland FUSE daemons, or use different mount names (UUID versus /dev,
etc.) Hence, its not good to generate fstab under most OSes.

	I woudl assume the norm is to go through fstab (or hd driver) and
fsck all the devices with a known fs type; if its an unknwon fs, skip it
and do not consider it an error?

		jeff

--
If everyone would put barbecue sauce on their food, there would be no war.