Re: [MiNT] XaAES Language-selection

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 20:43:23 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The first version of a multilangue AES is running.
>
> The different languages are replaced when reading the resource-file.
> They reside in a separate file (resource-base.rsl) and this has the
> following structure:
>
> nn:#  3: XaAES
> _
> nn:#  4: Process
> de:#  4: Prozess
> es:#  4: DPasksk
> _
> nn:#  7:  About XaAES...
> _
> nn:#  8:-------------------
> _
> nn:#  9:  Desk Accessory 1
> _
> nn:# 10:  Desk Accessory 2
> _
> nn:# 11:  Desk Accessory 3
> _
> nn:# 12:  Desk Accessory 4
> _
> nn:# 13:  Desk Accessory 5
> _
> nn:# 14:  Desk Accessory 6
> _
> nn:# 16:  Launch...
>
> ..
>
> So every string that has been translated will go into the app according
> to the selected language. If there's no translation the 'nn'-string will
> be used. This will be working for every AES-client.
>
> The behavior can be controlled by a new app_option rsc_lang (0: no
> action, 1: read if available, else write, 2: always write).
>
> Problems may occur when the rsc-file has been changed.
>
> Is this of any interest?
>
> -Helmut

Some time ago I suggested a generic translator system consisted of
a file of general AES terms in several languages

eg. (apologies for my language skills)
En   De   Fr
File  File  Dossier
Open Ofnen Ouverte
Save ...

This file could be used (if the user requests) to translate any
application when the AES handles the RSC.

It wouldn't be as good as a proper translation but may make
an app usable in a language that does not have a true translation.

Regards,

Peter