Re: [MiNT] STAT bits - Ouch!

10 dec 2010 kl. 00.25 skrev Konrad Kokoszkiewicz:

>> And your point is?
>
> To explain to you that a 50-clocks save is nothing to care of: first please estimate what part of the total execution time (from entering the kernel to leaving it) is this. Then compute, what you gain. Not sooner than that it can be used as a performance argument in such a topic.

Isn't it fairly obvious that this is primarily a question about application compatibility rather than a execution performance optimization? I think it's a very good idea, because the alternative would be fixing every single application out there which has this "feature", and that's just not feasible.

-- PeP