Re: [MiNT] conholio,was: Re: porting

9 nov 2010 kl. 17.21 skrev Helmut Karlowski:

> Peter Persson wrote:
>
>> Ah. You probably need to direct_access to FALSE in the configuration =
>> file.
>
> That fixes it. It's not really full-screen, but that's another story.

That's a matter of definition :) Right now it's fullscreen if you have the hardware for it. If you don't, you'll only get a bigger font. In the future, the terminal will be resized to fit the screen size.

>> Nope, the reason for this is that fVDI + natfeats doesn't allow direct =
>> access to the framebuffer. Ideally I'd like to detect this, but I don't =
>
> What happens then?

Something nasty. I expected a bus error or something like that, but I think it's worse.

I think it's possible to avoid it though, but that probably means banging hardware directly even further.

I could have a "first start" dialog, displayed when the exact hardware configuration can't be established in some clean way. I'll look into it.

-- PeP